Split geos by group needed

3313   4   1
6 posts
Hi,

First sorry for my english, i came from unity plugin version1 and i see that split by geo is deprecated, how can i do automatically if i have 200 prim groups in one geometry? i read something about subnetwork and object merge but i have too much groups.

Thanks so much
571 posts
For something like that where you have so many separate primitives, try using a packed primitive and instance them. To be honest, having 200 separate gameobjects with their own meshes and renderers is probably not good for performance. I'd try to group them in to larger chunks, or instance them.

If you really want the separate objects though, you can get the old v1 behaviour back by changing the following line in HEU_SessionHAPI::GetCookOptions to true.
cookOptions.splitGeosByGroup = true;
I don't recommend it because we no longer support it in Houdini Engine, but it still works. Note that when you update the plugin in the future, you'll have to reapply the change.
Edited by seelan - Feb. 3, 2019 21:31:19
6 posts
Thanks for the solution, its works but not separated in diferent sub-gameobjects
“Looks like Split Geo by Group is only available for primitive groups, not point groups. You could submit an RFE to add it, but I am not sure if we are planning to provide more support for the split feature. In fact, it is currently considered a deprecated feature that is only available due to backwards compatibility.”

I need this option because the meshes are different and i can't packed and instance, i have a large road with signals and for example i split the signal meshes in zones and with occlussion or scripting i hide based on distance, and the same for vegetation or diferent houses.

I found another problem and i can´t find solution in the forum, the curve editor inside unity doesn´t work when you edit or add point the position coordinates are incorrect (like maximum axis, x:50->x:89000) and i cant modify curve .
Edited by David Fernandez - Feb. 4, 2019 14:53:01

Attachments:
curveerror.gif (2.8 MB)

571 posts
The curve points problem is probably due to your having a non-english locale for your OS, probably spanish? If so, this is caused by how .Net 4.x parses strings when the OS is set to a locale such as Spanish or other locales that parse decimals as commas.
The plugin has a fix for this but it might not be enabled. Could you check that the Plugin Settings window has Set Current Thread To Invariant Culture enabled?
Then in Unity Player Settings, make sure that the Api Compatibility Level is set to .Net 4.x. If you open up HEU_PluginStorage:etCurrentCulture, the code in there should be enabled if you are using .Net 4.x.
6 posts
Thanks again, when i changed to .Net 4 problem disappear
  • Quick Links