Render a sequence with mantra problems

5783   7   1
49 posts
I just finished the new rocket tutorial (from the web) and was gonna render it. But mantra is giving me heck. :?

Rendering from the Output level
-I get a red arrow on the Mantra1 node even though my output path is legit. So what else could be wrong?
-The tutorial has me set my Render Command (Variance, Bucket size and Verbose). But why now can I not edit the Render Command again?
Its grey and I cannot access the + anymore for edits.
-I at one point was able to edit the Render Command (not sure how) and I made it a 2 processor render and removed remote host (since its a local render). It seems like a render was attempted but it seem to crash with every frame started by each processor (I had to kill everything houdini from thre windows task manager). On disk there are files in name only
so mantra named the file and then crashed.

So maybe I'm being stupid-but whats up?

-ral (newbie)
557 posts
If the Render Command field is grey, check to see if you have accidentally clicked on the Generate Script File button a few parameters above it. That will grey out that field.

What does the red error message say? (middle mouse on the icon in the list view of the Output desktop)
49 posts
Beuty-I forgot about that MMB. Thats such a nice tool.

It all came down to the same thing-the script output flags indeed were on.

I'll have to check and see if thats me or if the tutorial scene provided comes with those checked on (if so maybe the scene should be resaved
with them off?!).

-many thanks craig!

ral
49 posts
For the record I must have turned on the ‘Generate Script file’ button.
The tutorial matches a default scene.

-my bad.

ral
523 posts
Hello Ral,

I've heard you did the rocket tutorial. Is it possible that, with the VEX Super Material shader, the smoke comming from the rocket looks good, but the smoke from the ground is red colored ?(colored group particles)

For a test I assigned another shader (vex plastic) and that was not red colored.
They don't mentioned this in the online tutorial…

Many thanks,
49 posts
Thanks Bernard
I saw that too and fixed it. But its wasn't that scene I was getting my ‘red renders’ from.
It was from the end result of the ‘wispy smoke’ tutorial but using my own texture sequence on it. I'm not sure I can repro now.

-still checking that.

ral
523 posts
Hello ral,

how did you fix the red shader look of this rocket tutorial ?

many thanks,

bern
49 posts
The red particles in the rocket tutorial is defined by the step ‘Color Code the Groups’ during the create the collisions section. This was for visualization in playback-but I used the ‘bypass flag’ on the ‘color1’ node for rendering.

Since there is a second part to this lesson (not available yet-but I hope soon) which will add a distinct shader to the collide particles-thats what I chose to do for now.

-ral
  • Quick Links