FLIP volume loss

1792   1   0
1 posts
Hey guys! I'm trying to make a flip simulation inside a moving sphere, but the point count seems to decrease at a very high speed during the sim.

I'm still pretty new to Houdini, so I tried out the few things I know but nothing seemed to help.
The proxy tank is linked to the alembic animation (Because I don't know why, but it seemed like the sphere that I already had there wasn't working correctly for the simulation - also, that's why the fluid is still not colliding yet with the fishbone), so I'll upload it somewhere since it's 80 megabytes and I can't attach it here.

I'll leave the file in the description, I hope someone can help Thanks in advance!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BKpFlmgJgyWNbt3Dis8vdbRxxozztffW/view?usp=sharing [drive.google.com]

Attachments:
Cattura.PNG (613.7 KB)
Cattura2.PNG (662.3 KB)
WIP_neko_v019_fluidHelp.hipnc (3.3 MB)

310 posts
Volume loss in flip simulations is a predictable occurrence, as is velocity loss. Usually increasing the reseeding value helps pump more particles into the system, which should improve your issue. If that doesn't help, Ill dive into the file when I get a moment.
  • Quick Links