Abc Points problems

1361   2   1
53 posts
Hi,
I have an problem reading the points of this alembic archive correctly:
http://www.haggi.de/zeuch/points.zip [www.haggi.de]
The archive contains 20 frames of points where the points should disappear between 2 and 10 and then increase. So the frames 3-9 do not contain any points.

Houdini can read them correctly. But I could not find any other application which is able to read it correctly. I tried with Blender, Nuke and in Maya with my own alembic plugin. In all of them the points do not disappear but stay the same from frame 2 until frame 9.

And indeed, if I read the points from e.g. frame 5 in my own plugin, I get the data from frame 2.

So my question is: How is Houdini able to read the data correctly if the alembic library seems to return points where no points exists?

I hope my description is not too confusing.
Staff
327 posts
haggi krey
So my question is: How is Houdini able to read the data correctly if the alembic library seems to return points where no points exists?

It sounds like the other applications you tried do not respect Alembic's “visible” property. Packed Alembic primitives have an intrinsic called “abcvisibility” you can use to inspect an item's visibility.
53 posts
Indee, the shape node contains a visibility attribute, now it works fine. Thanks.
  • Quick Links