Multiple mesh in a single HDA - Unity

3243   4   0
5 posts
Hi,

I was wondering how can I have multiple meshes in one digital asset in Unity ?

For example, I made an asset with 4 planes (see attachment). I'd like to have them separated (2 groups of 2) once in Unity but Unity merges them into one single mesh.
I tried putting them into groups, having different UVs or different materials but that doesn't work. So what's the logic to separate those meshes ?

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I've been looking for days without finding an answer on SideFx or on any other website.

Thanks in advance if anyone has an idea
Edited by Statikomelon - Feb. 20, 2019 10:31:13

Attachments:
Screen_4planes.PNG (553.0 KB)

571 posts
Make the HDA a subnet, and create a geometry object for each separate mesh, then place an object merge inside each one, and use group to filter out the mesh you want.
5 posts
Thank you so much ! It worked !
I get the logic now. As long as there are two seperate geometry nodes in the subnet, it will create two geometry in Unity.

However, I don't really get the purpose of the object merge. I tried with it first, and then without it. It worked perfectly fine without it. (I added pictures to explain better )
(I tried reading the SideFX doc about the object merge node but it's not very clear yet. Sorry, I'm really trying to understand to be sure !)

Attachments:
with_objectMerge.PNG (559.9 KB)
Wo_objectMerge1.PNG (626.6 KB)
Wo_objectMerge2.PNG (554.1 KB)

571 posts
The purpose of the object merge, in this case, is to import geometry from another object into current object. In your case, I meant that you might have a master object (geo1) containing all your geometry with geometry groups (e.g geogroup1, geogroup2). Then you could have 2 other geo objects (geo2, and geo3) that could each have an object merge that imports from geo1, but specify the group they want (geogroup1 in geo2, and geogroup2 in geo3).
5 posts
Oh, great !
I get it now.
Thank you for your answers !
  • Quick Links