spring constraint with active value node

1380   3   2
15 posts
Hello
I try to use attribute wrangle to keep rbdpackedobject without simulation before 5 frames,and it worked.But I can't understand the expression in the active value node.
1,why is point function instead of dragging the attribute wrangle node into the active parameter?
2,why there is a “OBJ” in point function,what it is used to do? I find the point function that only contain 3 arguments in Help Manual.
3,The final argument is int 0,according to the Help Manual, does it mean the point which point number is 0 do not exist?I'm confused.
4,Is there any other easy or better way to the same effect?

Thanks first.I need your help.
Edited by Blue Prayer - March 3, 2019 10:48:36

Attachments:
learnt.hip (416.5 KB)
learnt2.jpg (696.9 KB)
learn.jpg (712.7 KB)
learn3.jpg (177.5 KB)

15 posts
Hello?Anybody pass here ,please help me!
Maybe these are stupid question ,but I really need your help!
31 posts
Hi,

In the ActiveValue DOP node, you're writing a parameter expression. Those are written in Hscript (default) or Python languages. So, you need to reference the help for the Hscript point expression [www.sidefx.com], which takes slightly different arguments than the VEX equivalent used in wrangles.

Having said that, I think you're approaching the problem in the wrong way. I assume you would ultimately like per-point control over activation of rigid bodies? At the moment all this will give you is a global switch on/off switch for all bodies, based on the active attribute of a single point (point 0 according to your expression)

Instead, you can do all of this using just the point wrangle SOP. On the rbdpackedobject node in DOPs there is an Overwrite attributes toggle. When you turn that on you'll see that @active is one of the listed attributes. This will check for changes of @active back on the source SOPs every frame, so you can do all of the control much more easily in SOPs. No need for the ActiveValue DOP at all.
Edited by CiaranM - March 4, 2019 09:50:26
15 posts
Thank you.
  • Quick Links