Vellum for FEM-type tissue simulation.

2877   3   1
109 posts
Does anyone have any info on how to do this or is it still only possible with the method used in the tissue shelf tool?
In general, is PBD/Vellum the future of tissue in Houdini?

Many thanks, cheers.

UPDATE: I am able to get things working (sort of) by using the soft body shelf tool but no matter what stiffness I use in the vellum cloth, the muscles penetrate eachother. I tried adding substeps and constraint iterations which helps a bit but I still have intersections.

I also tried using the tetrahedral softbodies method from the help file but I can't get the muscles to follow the animation without the “match animation” from the vellum configure cloth node, and if I add that before the “distance from edges” constraint, everything explodes.
Edited by decksounds - March 6, 2019 11:52:59
109 posts
Here is my graph.
Edited by decksounds - March 6, 2019 11:46:37

Attachments:
tet_1.JPG (35.6 KB)

555 posts
simple struts

Attachments:
vu_jellypig.hiplc (514.8 KB)

109 posts
Thanks man but my problem lies in getting the franken-muscles and the bones to play nicely together during animation of the geometry bones, and beyond that I think I should be using the soft-body method from the help file rather than the struts for the sake of accuracy.

Can struts yield Ziva-like results or should I be rolling my own until there is a shelf tool?
  • Quick Links