HDA preferences

2424   4   1
125 posts
Hello dear Houdinists !

I have an in house tool which display a message when the scene need to be saved before execution of the said tool. This message box has a “do not display this message again” checkbox which I inadvertently checked, I dont know when. I searched everywhere in my preferences home folder and I could not find where this setting is stored as I would like to revert to the original setting.

Thanks in advance
Edited by NAHASSIA - March 12, 2019 10:30:22
900 posts
Is this tool a digital asset?
Maybe the fucntion is stored in some event handler script of the HDA, that controls an invisible toggle parameter?
125 posts
thanks Andr for your quick reply

yes its an HDA but other graphists in the shop who didn't checked the toggle still have the message all wright. Plus I forced Houdini to generate blank preferences from scratch by hiding my Houdini.xxx folder and the HDA resumed the original beahaviour. The thing is, I have many many preferences in my Houdini.xxx folder and I would rather not have to rebuilt them all. Plus I would like to know about the technical side of it, how is it working etc….

THX
Staff
2540 posts
The options for managing the startup dialogs are in the main Houdini Help menu. Bottom two options.

Attachments:
StartupDialogOptions.jpg (28.7 KB)

There's at least one school like the old school!
Staff
2540 posts
All the preferences and settings that you customize in Houdini are usually saved in your home houdini directory.

Linux is $HOME/houdini
Windows is $HOME/Documents/Houdini17.0
Mac is /Applications/Houdini/Houdini17.0.300/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/houdini

Substitute your version number after Houdini above.

You can do a date sort listing in these directories to see what has been changed recently.
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links