Preferences window too big to save changes

2705   3   2
35 posts
I just installed 17.5 & but when I open my Edit>Preferences window, the bottom of the window is off my screen so I can't click on the Apply button to save changes because it is out of site. I can't drag or resize the window to fix it. Ironically I'm trying to reduce the size of my UI. I had this problem with Houdini 17 as well. Any chance of making the Edit>Preferences window a bit smaller so I don't have to post about it every time I get an update. I guess I could modify the Houdini.env to make UI smaller but really shouldn't have to do that just so I can hit “Apply” to reduce my UI size in settings in the first place.
Image Not Found
Edited by DevoStevo - March 15, 2019 18:28:44

Attachments:
H17.5 Properties window size.jpg (183.4 KB)

The only devil I know is in the detail.
35 posts
So I reduced the UI size in the Houdini.env txt file (HOUDINI_UISCALE = 90)so now I can hit apply to reduce my UI scale to 0.9, then I reverted the Houdini.env file to original & now the “Apply” button is just in reach.

That's a lot of hassle just to click a button.

It would be really good if you could just resize the Edit>Preferences window.
Edited by DevoStevo - March 15, 2019 18:27:36

Attachments:
H17.5 Properties window size 90%.jpg (178.8 KB)

460 posts
In similar cases on Windows OS I used to RMB-click on title bar, choose Move and then use cursors on the keyboard to translate the dialog.
35 posts
ajz3d
In similar cases on Windows OS I used to RMB-click on title bar, choose Move and then use cursors on the keyboard to translate the dialog.

Thanks. I always forget about that little trick. That's a good tip to remember in future.
Cheers.
  • Quick Links