Krakatoa PRT Reader and PRT Writing SOP/ROP for Houdini 17 and 17.5 . Is it opensource, and where to find it?

2644   4   2
436 posts
Would love to be able to read and write Krakatoa PRT particle wedges in H17 and 17.5. Anyone know where to get it?

Krakatoa PRT Reader and PRT Writing SOP/ROP for Houdini 17 and 17.5 . Is it opensource, and where to find it?
Thank you advance and G*d bless.
436 posts
GitHub PRT SOP and ROP Driver don't seem to function in 17.0.459. Pity.
310 posts
Bump. Tried to resolve this too, but wasn't able to. Ended up just making a similar look in Houdini. Point Replicate sop has similar functionality regarding the particle count aspect, but not the rendering features.
191 posts
Have you guys used this one? The 17.0.352 release works fine for me in 17.0.352.

https://github.com/flipswitchingmonkey/houdini_PRTROP/releases [github.com]
436 posts
Yeah. Sadly the version I need it for is build 17.0.459.
Reason I like PRT and Krakatoa, is that Krakatoa does not care where PRT wedges from. Only that they adhere to PRT format and PP attributes on each particle adhere to PRT description. PRT wedges from Houdini, will render on any platform where Krakatoa runs from, or in Krakatoa standalone. Maya particles, when exported by Krakatoa Maya plugin, will render same in KrakatoaMX, KrakatoaMY, or Krakatoa StandAlone. My main interest in Houdini Krakatoa is is that Realflow is a very good generator for PRT wedges, and is still part of my toolkit. With all due reverence and respect to Houdini Particle Mesher SOP, Realflow Mesher, and Thinkbox's Frost are superior to built-in mesh tools in Houdini. Realflow's mesher has feature that stretches droplet along its velocity vector, which makes meshes much more realistic when rendered.
  • Quick Links