Privacy concern

1877   1   0
1 posts
This morning I changed my email. When I submit the form Firefox at the bottom of the windows wrote: ‘send request to facebook.com’ I don't have and don't want any link to facebook. Why are you sending my data to facebook?
Thanks
193 posts
houdini just want to send you a friend request! and maybe poke you???

I'm kidding. facebook is kind of a cesspool. i quit using it 6 months ago. and now look at me!! I feel 10 pounds lighter and 10 years younger and the all the ladies chase me everywhere i go!

actually one of the few things i miss about facebook is talking to sidefx friends who were on there regularly… hard at work promoting houdini, of course

Seriously tho, you can probably find a privacy setting on your browser that will allow you to issue a “do not track” request to websites. I think facebook is a login option for the sidefx website, so they probably track everytime their site gets pinged from the login screen here.

Security and personal anonymity are almost non-existent these days; so it's good to be vigilante. If you haven't done so, i would highly recommend that you switch to Firefox Klar/Firefox Focus for your phone browser and F-Droid for your app repository. You will discover another world that is a real breath of fresh air!
  • Quick Links