Wispy smoke tutorial : Has anyone completed it?

12517   11   1
61 posts
Hiya!

I worked through all the tutorials but this one never worked out properly. It just ended up like a big strobing cloud. Then my buddy tried it and it was the same. So I know we are both a little slow on the take but has anyone got a hip showing how it should be set up to look like the tutorial images?

Muchas Gracias
Frank
5 posts
frankvw
Hiya!

I worked through all the tutorials but this one never worked out properly. It just ended up like a big strobing cloud. Then my buddy tried it and it was the same. So I know we are both a little slow on the take but has anyone got a hip showing how it should be set up to look like the tutorial images?

Muchas Gracias
Frank

Hey frankvw

I did tutorial and post *.mov files here:
http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3950 [odforce.net]

Val
64 posts
yes i did it looks nice, i will attach hipnc later ,now i am rendering ops:
z
61 posts
Hey!

That sure looks purdy. I tried your smoke texture map settings and now looks a good deal better. Now its a wispy cloud and not a strobing cloud LOL! Oh well, I am getting closer. I'll get some more caffeine in me and have another stab today.

Hasta la Pasta,
Frank
575 posts
aeh, where can I find this tutorial?

martin
319 posts
I'd like to know where this tutorial is too…!
5 posts
link to tutorial:

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/content/base/tutorials/fm_10_guide_effects_1022161.xml [sidefx.com]

Val
319 posts
Cheers Val…..
7714 posts
As a side note, that link is simply to the web version of the Houdini help docs. You can just find it in your own Houdini help browser if you copy this link into it:
hdox/houdini/content/base/tutorials/fm_10_guide_effects_1022161.html
319 posts
I think some files are missing in my help docs as I searched them before posting and couldn't find a smoke tutorial, and when I paste the link it says the page could not be found. Web link works though so thats sweet…
7714 posts
Maybe it's because you need 8.1?
319 posts
I'll try it in 8.1, I downloaded it last night…..
  • Quick Links