HDA not cooking

8675   13   4
1104 posts
I am trying to make a super simple asset just to get the hang of things, and I just dont get it, why is this not working? your supposed to change the first input to Curve input and then supply a object for the 2nd input like a cube for the default geo you get with a UE project. And this is based of a similar Houdini Asset that I downloaded and that one does work, so whats wrong with mine ?

Attachments:
magnusl_ue33.hdalc (10.7 KB)

/M

Personal Houdini test videos, http://vimeo.com/magnusl3d/ [vimeo.com]
173 posts
Hello Magnus,

I seem to be getting
“HAPI Error: Limmited commercial (Indie) assets not allowed with commercial licenses.” error when instantiating your asset inside Unreal, so I can't test your asset easily.

When you drag in your asset into viewport, there should be ‘Fetch Cook Log’ button in details panel on the right, in the ‘Houdini Asset’ category. What does the window say when you press it?

Thanks!
2 posts
ttvdsfx
I seem to be getting
“HAPI Error: Limmited commercial (Indie) assets not allowed with commercial licenses.” error when instantiating your asset inside Unreal, so I can't test your asset easily.

I get that same mesage. I'm trying to do/use a trial of Houdini Indie to produce .hda file for use in UE4 and the digital asset cannot cook in Unreal Editor. It appears to be due to being Indie and/or being a 30-day trial. Is that a bug? I would be buying Houdini Indie to use with Unreal Engine, so that workflow shouldn't be rejected?

Is Houdini Indie not sufficient to produce HDA content for use with UE4?
402 posts
Indie Houdini produces LC files which can only be loaded by Apprentice (non-commercial) and other Indie (limited commercial) licensed products.

The 30-day Engine trial is actually a full commercial license, as if one bought full Houdini or FX. This means that the 30-day Engine trial cannot load LC files.

This is all by design.
2 posts
Ah thanks! I think I get it, so because the trial of Engine uses a full license, it rejects Indie content, whereas when I have bought Indie, the Engine aspect that loads the content into UE4 will be using the Indie license too, so the Houdini Unreal Plugin will not reject HDA content exported from Houdini Indie?
402 posts
That's correct.
818 posts
MagnusL3D
I am trying to make a super simple asset just to get the hang of things, and I just dont get it, why is this not working? your supposed to change the first input to Curve input and then supply a object for the 2nd input like a cube for the default geo you get with a UE project. And this is based of a similar Houdini Asset that I downloaded and that one does work, so whats wrong with mine ?
Sorry the posts got sidetracked a bit. You're probably running into a minor bug because the display node also has the template flag set. This issue should be fixed in tomorrow's build. For now, you can workaround it simply by turning off the template flag.
Andrew / アンドリュー
1104 posts
Totally missed all the answers here, a bit conflicting messages, the last one saying it should work in the latest build and others saying it wont since I am using Indie ?
/M

818 posts
MagnusL3D
Totally missed all the answers here, a bit conflicting messages, the last one saying it should work in the latest build and others saying it wont since I am using Indie ?

As long as the Unreal plugin is also using the Indie license, your Indie asset should work. Otherwise you'd see the above error message.

I think the bug that you ran into was because you had both template flag and display flag on the same node. Because of that, the geometry wasn't being outputted correctly. This should be fixed in the latest build.
Andrew / アンドリュー
1104 posts
awong
MagnusL3D

As long as the Unreal plugin is also using the Indie license, your Indie asset should work. Otherwise you'd see the above error message.

I think the bug that you ran into was because you had both template flag and display flag on the same node. Because of that, the geometry wasn't being outputted correctly. This should be fixed in the latest build.

Allright Will try it out later (a bit under the weather right now)
/M

1 posts
hi there
I am facing the same problem and i am using the apprentice version of Houdini and unreal 4.20
The asset gets imported and does not get cooked and also the parameters i defined are not there
Edited by Sneeky - March 29, 2019 01:58:01
Staff
534 posts
@Sneeky If you're using apprentice, then unfortunately the license error is normal, since you need at least a Houdini Indie License to be able to use the plugins.
2 posts
I was able to work around my issue just now by making the normals backwards in Houdini, but hopefully my report helps. I'll submit this asset along with my project if I can finish it.
Staff
534 posts
@MoodyBear I guess you meant to post your reply over there:
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/75127/ [www.sidefx.com]

Yes, feel free to send us your asset, as it'll help us fixing the issue.
  • Quick Links