camera unlinking from view in H17

2327   7   0
33 posts
This has been driving me nuts, and it seems to be H17 specific: 1) view through camera, 2) dive into a geo node, 3) switch from “Show All Objects” to “Hide All Objects” or vice-versa. 4) Camera view becomes unlinked.

Is there a setting somewhere, or a workaround to change the view mode without unlinking the camera view? Or is this a bug? It seems like a minor thing, but when you're working with a background plate or an animated camera, it's maddening.
13 posts
H17.0.508 here, just tried it, cam still locked to view (if that is what you mean by “linked”)
33 posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes - what I meant was that the view is still locked to the camera (camera name listed in the little drop-down bubble, background image shows in the viewport). *Not* that the camera is locked to the view (lock icon is lit).

We're on 17.0.459. I'll see if I can get them to download the latest production build.
13 posts
if the lock icon is not activated the camera gets removed from the drop-down everytime i go into a geo node or out of it (not even have to change visibility) but the perspective doesnt change. so that still happens in .508
33 posts
My officemate just tried 17.0.515, and he's still seeing the “unlinking camera” issue. We're on CentOS 7.6.1810, if that's relevant.

I guess I'll submit it as a bug.

Sort of relatedly: I could have sworn that H17 fixed the “can't see SOPs when inside a DOP net” thing, but trying it just now, I guess not. Bummer.
Edited by meeotch - March 12, 2019 19:58:03
18 posts
Same annoying problem here. I'm on Houdini 17.5.173.
731 posts
Yes, please submit the bug report, I can confirm this behaviour and it's annoying.
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
33 posts
For anyone following / finding this thread: SESI claims that the bug is fixed in build 548.
  • Quick Links