Clustering wood fractures?

1390   3   0
2 posts
Hi guys,

For one of my final uni projects I'm destroying a house. One key layer of the house is the wood frame, it's fractured and everything but every single wood piece fly's off upon collision (which makes sense)is there a way to cluster some of the wood pieces together to make wood break apart in chunks to make the sim more realistic? Instead of every single splinter flying off?

I messed around with RBD cluster and glue cluster with not much luck

Thanks in advanced!

Attachments:
Capture.png (519.6 KB)

731 posts
You should get constraints coming out of the RBD material fracture SOP, and furthermore you should be able to cluster them inside that SOP or afterwards with a glue cluster. Can you post a hip file?
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
2 posts
mrCatfish
You should get constraints coming out of the RBD material fracture SOP, and furthermore you should be able to cluster them inside that SOP or afterwards with a glue cluster. Can you post a hip file?

The wood was fractured manually with a normal vorinoi transom setup. But yes sorry my bad, here is the hip evetything should be in the fracture
Edited by william131997 - April 17, 2019 12:38:36

Attachments:
House_fracture_wood_cluster.hipnc (2.9 MB)
House_fracture_wood_cluster.hipnc (2.9 MB)

731 posts
I took a look at your file but it's got a whole bunch of file cache nodes that break when it's opened. It would be a lot of work to fix them all. If you can post one without all those nodes, (replace with stash nodes), then it will be a lot easier for other people to figure out.
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
  • Quick Links