Linux Hqueue Question

1297   2   0
83 posts
My company recently cont Hqueue working as a render manager for our Houdini jobs. It works great, I just had a couple of questions.

1. We load a couple of environment variables with a 123.py/456.py script. Is there a way to get that to load automatically per job so that I do not have to specify them in in my Hqueue launcher nodes?

2. When launching jobs to the farm, I got an error
“hou.PermissionError: Failed to modify node or parameter because of a permission error. Possible causes include locked assets, takes, product permissions or user specified permissions”
I only had a font and a filecache node in my scene, and after unlocking the filecache node the problem went away and I was able to render the scene correctly. Ideally I wouldn't have to unlock all of my assets before rendering them, is there something I am doing incorrectly?
731 posts
For your first question, see this post: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/62121/?page=1#post-276506 [www.sidefx.com]

I just hid the actual “execute” button on the hqueue node, made a new one that sources the above mentioned script first and then presses the real, hidden, execute button.
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
83 posts
Thanks, this is what I was doing but was thinking I could source the 123.py script. This will work well though.
  • Quick Links