How do I render Takes sequentially?

4125   4   2
26 posts
Hey all.

How can I render my different Takes as different file sequences to different folders without having to hit render multiple times, like you can in Maya with the <RenderLayer> keyword. Does it work with the merge ROP?

Many thanks!
575 posts
make as many mantra nodes as You have takes to render
set each mantra node to render with a different take
merge all mantranodes in mergernode
render the merge

or You can create a batch file that does exactly that
8506 posts
or you can use $ACTIVETAKE variable in your output path
keep take on mantra as Current
and then run your mantra with Wedge ROP with By Take option

EDIT: or maybe it's safer to use $WEDGE instead of $ACTIVETAKE since I am not sure if wedge sets the take before rendering. I never used it like that
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
26 posts
Awesome, thanks for the quick replies
1 posts
Adding a wedge node(by take) after the Mantra ROP does render all the takes sequentially on a local machine. That's Fair.
I am trying to submit renders to the farm by creating ifds. In that case, its not working for me. I am not able to get the renders of different layers as they are supposed to be. I am able to create and write the renders in the directories created namely according to the takes but unfortunately my Main take renders into all the directories. May be I am not able to write the information of all the takes in the ifd files. Moreover, I have also tried creating ifds by creating multiple mantra nodes set to render particular takes.
  • Quick Links