How to make the UV tile automatically match a 10cm square in scene units?

2467   2   1
14 posts
Hello, everyone.

I have a procedural modeling HDA in which I generate UVs using mainly the UV flatten sop, and after that, I control scale and alignment using the UV layout sop, and an additional UV transform sop.

What I need is to have the UV tile automatically match a 10cm square in scene units.
Right now, I turned on the “scale islands to match their surface areas” option in the UV layout sop, which gives me the correct scale relations between islands, but I still have to manually adjust the scale to match a 10cm reference box object.

There must be a way to just have the UV 0-1 space match a 10 scene-unit size, right? What am I missing?
Edited by animanoo - May 7, 2019 09:48:15
Emanuel “Manoo” Raimundo
3D generalist, going procedural!
www.artstation.com/manoo
80 posts
This hda should work for that: https://gumroad.com/l/VPdOA [gumroad.com]

This should be able to do what you want it to do. I used it on a procedural modeling project where I had to UV everything for tiling textured and it saved my butt. They should probably add something like this to the gamedev toolset. If there is any simpler way do it with built in nodes I'd like to know too.
3D Freelancer
https://www.artstation.com/ffd [www.artstation.com]
14 posts
Hi FFD

Sorry for only replying now. I will check out this HDA you linked here, it seems powerful.

However, someone (I don't remember the username) on the ThinkProcedural discord had already helped me out with this method using nodes, which I ended up integrating into my existing HDA.

Here is the same HDA the user on the Discord sent, I hope it helps you too.

Thanks

Attachments:
match_texture_to_real_world_scale.hiplc (468.3 KB)

Emanuel “Manoo” Raimundo
3D generalist, going procedural!
www.artstation.com/manoo
  • Quick Links