asset creation: adding text info?

2799   6   0
1007 posts
Hi!

I often create assets that I end up using a few months after creating it. I often don't remember what attribute is needed for it to function. Is there a way to add a text in the parameters to explain how to use the asset?

Thanks.

-Olivier
Staff
3455 posts
you can use a Label…not super great for formatting etc
but good for little notes
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
27 posts
See this page [www.sidefx.com] and “Help” section in type properties of your HDA.
English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding
1007 posts
Thanks for the info!

-Olivier
2038 posts
I thought to wait in case somebody knows (if possible) a way to maybe with python have a means for a parameter popup one could define, for hovering over a parameter or something like that.

But if your ok with something like the link anvdev provided, you might find adding your own info comment on the node itself(asset level or node within that has parameter in question) as an alternative;

Click ‘i’ for node info > click in field area of ‘click to enter comment’ for your comment > tick ‘Show Comment in Network’
7758 posts
BabaJ
I thought to wait in case somebody knows (if possible) a way to maybe with python have a means for a parameter popup one could define, for hovering over a parameter or something like that.

But if your ok with something like the link anvdev provided, you might find adding your own info comment on the node itself(asset level or node within that has parameter in question) as an alternative;

Click ‘i’ for node info > click in field area of ‘click to enter comment’ for your comment > tick ‘Show Comment in Network’

If you enter help text for a parameter, it shows up in the mouseover tool tip.
2038 posts
If you enter help text for a parameter, it shows up in the mouseover tool tip.

Thanks jsmack. I initially missed seeing that field for a parameter, so returned to look for it again. Yep, right there at the bottom.

For those interested:

Nodes cogwheel icon > Edit Parameter interface…

Third column heading of ‘Parameter Description’ under the TAB menu “Parameter”…last item at bottom ‘help’ text field box.
Edited by BabaJ - May 24, 2019 09:51:15
  • Quick Links