MapBox imagery resolution?

5149   7   1
60 posts
Has anyone figured out how to get the gamedev MapBox node to use higher resolution satellite imagery? Right now it's very low res.

Thanks

Terence
78 posts
Hey Terence I'm wondering exactly the same thing.

I think the image resolution parameters must be written into some referenced code somewhere. There are some references to a python module as you would expect, and further to a mapbox url with code.

I had a look at downloading imagery in ‘mapbox studio’ as the resolution options are higher there at the same zoom level.
But the lat lon zoom parameters do not line up with the mapbox houdini nodes parameters.

Thanks

John
135 posts
Any dev on this? Current res is to low to be useful
38 posts
Did you notice the output colormap don't fit the terrain, pretty hard to make masks with that !

Look for mapbox on steroid for high res
Staff
3455 posts
it's here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l4z4lAGPUs [www.youtube.com]
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
60 posts
Fantastic. Thanks!
115 posts
Anyone get any further with this... I've been using the MAPBOX_ON_STEROIDS in 17.5 no problem but we've now upgraded to 18.5 so it no longer functions. I've not got enough under the hood skill to investigate and fix myself. As a workaround I manage to generate the maps in 17.5 and then plug them into labs_mapbox in 18.5 but it's a faff. Labs_Mapbox is a handy tool but could be lots better.

cheers,

A>
Edited by Andi Farhall - March 5, 2021 13:24:08
23 posts
I am testing Mapbox on Steroids in H17.5
I am trying to extract a piece of terrain at the maximum resolution possible (16k).

The color map is fine. The height map seems compressed.(blocky)
Is anyone experiencing the same issue?
and if so any workaround?

From Mapbox documentation:
"0.1 meter height increments. Data is mapped to 0.1 meter height increments, which gives it the vertical precision necessary for cartographic and 3D applications."

https://docs.mapbox.com/help/troubleshooting/access-elevation-data/ [docs.mapbox.com]

Coords
29.7247, 35.4348, 14
Edited by wlvl - Oct. 4, 2021 12:31:58

Attachments:
screen.png (544.2 KB)

• Quick Links