Using Table Import Attributes

2733   3   1
52 posts
If I import a csv file that has the following values:

and I create two attributes
numA and numb

How do I reference numA and numb in another node?

For example, if I create a sphere node inside the geo node with the Table Import Node, how would I change the “Uniform Scale”?

I have tried things like @numA, @NUMA, $numA, $NUMA, ../table_import/numb and a everything else I could think of.

I just want to use an attribute from one node to change something in another node.

Brad Carvey
52 posts
My problem seems to be related to creating attributes with Table Import.
I create a num attribute that has a value of 1.0. “num” is the name of the attribute I created. If I use @num, it should return the value of num, but only when it's a local variable. If I try to use a relative path to another node, for example,ch(“../geo/table_import/attribuname1”), that only points to the name I assigned, which is a string.

If I try to use the attribute name, I get an error.
ch(“../geo/table_import/num”)
ch(“../geo/table_import/@num”)

Warning
Bad parameter reference: “../geo/table_import/@num” in parameter /obj/sphere_object1/scale.

I don't expect to be able to use @num in another node. If I try it, I don't get an error and it returns 0.
Brad Carvey
52 posts
I found a solution, using the vex point function. BTW, I am using Houdini 16.
I created a table_import with some random floating point values.
I created a sphere and used this expression to modify the Uniform Scale.
point(“../table_import”,@Frame,“num”,0)

The sphere now grows and shrinks, over time, based on the num values, defined in the table import.

Brad Carvey
Brad Carvey
3 posts
Hi!
I am very interested in that, could you please upload your solution in a file or screenshots?
thank you
  • Quick Links