Particle Passing through my object even if a have a Collision

980   2   0
13 posts
Hi, I am a finishing FX student and im doing my demo reel, I have a problem where my particle are passing right through my object. I made a Static Object so some of my particle are colliding with it but there are a bunch of them that go through it, Right now in our school we have no houdini ressource to help us when we have problem so i've been searching some solution on forums but i found nothing to fix it.I will leave my scene here so you can see it by yourself.

Thank you

sorry for my English btw

Attachments:
Houdini_Scene.zip (239.5 KB)
Capture.PNG (67.7 KB)
Capture2.PNG (413.0 KB)

310 posts
I opened your scene up, but dont have time to go through it and make sense of it, especially not with all the nodes named in spanish. What i'd do if I were you is try to set up a very simple test scene, where you test particles colliding with the same geometry. If you set that up, and see the same issue, post it here and I'll take another look.
13 posts
So i did a new scene where i only have my match box and the colliding particle and i have again a bunch of particle passing right through it, i have renamed my node too.I will have the scene where i did only my particle testing too.
Edited by DesbiensAntony1997 - June 29, 2019 19:02:20

Attachments:
Houdini_Scene_V02.zip (235.8 KB)
Particle_Testing.zip (53.0 KB)

• Quick Links