How to read in COPS data in shader builders.

2591   6   0
47 posts
Hello everyone,

In my project I want to manipulate certain texture sequences I have to turn them into maps and such. I do this in COPS at the moment to get some rough masks. What I do right now, because I work inside the shader builder, is I have to write out the new texture, then make that texture path a string attribute on the object and use that string attribute to read in the texture sequence, as you can guess this could get very tedious. A faster way of iterating would be to be able to read in the result from COPs directly without having to render it. I can do this in the principle shader with the base color textures with the opimg/comp1/OUT. But I can't seem to get it to work in the shader builder. Anyone know a way to reference COPs outputs inside a VEX shader builder?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Windows 7| 24 GB RAM DDR3| AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core Processor 3,8 Ghz | Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
8538 posts
you may need to promote the parm using Paramter VOP
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
47 posts
Doesn't seem to work, I also tried to change the string attribute to opimg/comp1/OUT but that doesn't work either, it seems like the only way for me is to render the textures first.
Windows 7| 24 GB RAM DDR3| AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core Processor 3,8 Ghz | Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
41 posts
Yehbe
Doesn't seem to work, I also tried to change the string attribute to opimg/comp1/OUT but that doesn't work either, it seems like the only way for me is to render the textures first.
Weird, I can't get the op:/syntax to work either in H17.5. I know it worked in older versions.
648 posts
works in H17.5.277 Linux, just not with OGL.

Attachments:
coptexture.hiplc (262.5 KB)

47 posts
Does that mean I have to build my shaders in VOPs? I don't exactly understand what you mean with OGL.
47 posts
I peeked into your hip file and it worked, thanks a lot! I still don't understand exactly why though, the uv texture just doesn't work with COPs?
  • Quick Links