GridMarkets global Houdini rendering support

4285   8   3
62 posts
GridMarkets is committed to providing the best Houdini rendering service, and support is a big part of it. From San Francisco to Sydney, our team is located around the world and proudly growing bigger. http://bit.ly/2ISWsgy [bit.ly]
MER
1755 posts
I was under the impression that self promoting is frowned upon around here, after reading some of Vux's complaints. Mind you, I have nothing against or pro, gridmarkets or Vux, I'm just trying to understand SideFx'policy about self-promotion, as I'm considering the option myself.
Is there a fee or a rule/policy at work here? Links would be appreciated.
84 posts
i also not understanding, why a company is allowed to spam with self promoting posting and a single artist not allowed to…
806 posts
From personal experience: Ask SideFX before posting self-promotion (I did so and they have been extremely friendly and, as usual, quick in response).

As for GridMarkets: I would love them to first solve the problems people - or at least myself - are having with their systems before they claim “global service” … just sayin'. They are very probably a great service for *some* users, but not exactly “global” in the sense of “works for everyone”.

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
2036 posts
i also not understanding, why a company is allowed to spam with self promoting posting and a single artist not allowed to…

Probably because it is seen as an aid for people like myself who don't have a computer good enough to get off renders.

Whereas sources like Vux…well one can make their own tools as well(not out of reach).

I don't know why Marc has troubles with GridMarkets as I consider him more a more ‘advanced’ Houdini user than I.

Perhaps he needs to do more complex work than I and that's the reason.

All I know is that out of all the available render farms I looked into and tried - GridMarkets was the easiest.
39 posts
markedwardross
GridMarkets is committed to providing the best Houdini rendering service, and support is a big part of it. From San Francisco to Sydney, our team is located around the world and proudly growing bigger. http://bit.ly/2ISWsgy [bit.ly]

Have you fixed the Redshift Cryptomatte issue yet? It's been broke at least since February and unfortunately it makes using the service harder to justify as I have clients that use cryptomatte and my pipeline defaults to it.
Anthony Morrelle
Hired Gun
62 posts
GridMarkets supports Cryptomattes.

We are in the process of upgrading our workflow to automatically return the files with the renders. If you’re having issues with obtaining all of your results, please contact us at support@gridmarkets.com.
MER
62 posts
UPDATE: The GridMarkets workflow has now been updated to auto return the Cryptomatte files.
MER
39 posts
That is fantastic to hear. Thanks
Anthony Morrelle
Hired Gun
  • Quick Links