Arnold Per light AOV

10205   3   2
3 posts
I need to render out Per light AOV in Arnold. Please help me out with instructions. I googled about it and found some instructions in solid angle, but I'm not getting that light expressions box in my Arnold render settings.
7 posts
I know this is an old post, but since I just figured out how to do it I might as well answer for the next generation:

It's actually quite easy.
When you choose a AOV in the dropdown, for example “RGBA”, you just change this to “RGBA_*”, which means it creates a RGBA AOV for every light group. Same for example for diffuse: Instead of just “diffuse” you change it io “diffuse_*”.

It is important though to create a ligth group for your lights. A light group is kind of an id for one or many lights. you can set the light group of a light in the Contribution Tab> AOV Light Group.

Unfortunately the documentation from solidangle does not describe the method very well…

Cheers
Edited by ChrisBohm - June 25, 2018 13:07:07
35 posts
ChrisBohm
I know this is an old post, but since I just figured out how to do it I might as well answer for the next generation:

When you choose a AOV in the dropdown, for example “RGBA”, you just change this to “RGBA_*”, which means it creates a RGBA AOV for every light group. Same for example for diffuse: Instead of just “diffuse” you change it io “diffuse_*”.

It is important though to create a ligth group for your lights. A light group is kind of an id for one or many lights. you can set the light group of a light in the Contribution Tab> AOV Light Group.

Unfortunately the documentation from solidangle does not describe the method very well…

Cheers

Works like a charm!! Thanks Chris!!!
9 posts
ChrisBohm

When you choose a AOV in the dropdown, for example "RGBA", you just change this to "RGBA_*", which means it creates a RGBA AOV for every light group. Same for example for diffuse: Instead of just "diffuse" you change it io "diffuse_*".

Unfortunately the documentation from solidangle does not describe the method very well...

Cheers

Thanks a lot for sharing!
  • Quick Links