Vellum Struts w/out Polygons?

981   2   1
240 posts
Windows 10.0.18362
H 17.5.258

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use Vellum's Softbody struts with a mesh whose polygons have been removed by using the End Sop. However, I can't seem to get it to work, and I feel like I'm missing some sort of basic knowledge on how the struts function in general.

In the attached scene, I've adapted one of the project files that was shared with the recent Vellum Masterclass. I added in the Struts Vellum Constraints node and the Ends Sop. This is also the same project file that demonstrates the Vellum Rest Blend, and that node doesn't seem to work once I've removed the polygons either (though you'll have to reenable the Transform to see the effects).

Disable the Ends node, and the struts work fine. Enable the ends node, and the struts don't work. There's user error in here somewhere, just trying to find it.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thank you!
Luke

Edited by Luke Letellier - July 22, 2019 14:29:32

Attachments:
Letellier_VellumStruts.hiplc (418.2 KB)

8536 posts
Luke Letellier
Disable the Ends node, and the struts work fine. Enable the ends node, and the struts don't work. There's user error in here somewhere, just trying to find it.
well, structs can't be constructed if there are no primitives to intersect against to find the internal connections
so just do your Ends Sop either on right before 1st input of the Vellum Solver completely after the sim
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
240 posts
tamte
well, structs can't be constructed if there are no primitives to intersect against to find the internal connections

Ah, that's what I wondering. Thank you!
  • Quick Links