Mantra : Per object sampling + resolving cyc grainy problem

1102   1   1
15 posts
Hello,

I have rendered a Mantra scene where i felt i had to push samples higher than needed,
but first here ‘s the render / it’s a test for volume with vel added from a solid and particles.
Image Not Found

Ok,

My problem was that i had to cranck up the samples on the entire scene just for the cyclorama to look noisefree,
and i would like to know how to resolve this the more efficient way possible.
i think possibly (but there might be other ways)
By :

a ) Upsampling on a per object basis : the cyc only : but i don't know how to have a per object samples override ?
i'd like to have a control over diff, refl, quality.
Is it done in object param : left clic : Edit Rendering Parameter / MANTRA ?
If so, the list is long, so how to know more about using those features ? (just did not read enough infos in the doc about that)

b ) by telling this object to receive only a less computational GI algo may be ?
like only primary rays or something ?

am i thinking correctly ?
what would be the process to optimise rendertime
when you have a large surface of your image that need a lot computation but don't add much to the final look ?
(appart from making it only diffuse or no blurry reflection).

> thank you !

and if i may ask : we need another masterclass about Mantra, i've just been watching everything from 2015 today,
and i'm still starving, may be forget about the 1h30 limit and give us something really big ! that would be awesome.
++

Image Not Found
Edited by arnold_FR - July 24, 2019 17:00:30

Attachments:
geometry-to-velocity-volume_v2.mantra_5.mp4 (6.5 MB)
100.jpg (211.9 KB)

15 posts
Wookay,
My bad did a search on videos where i've got all i need in the pdfs from the user guide here at :
https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/mantra-user-guide/ [www.sidefx.com]
++
  • Quick Links