Odd tumbling behaviour

1986   4   2
12 posts
After updating from 7.5.258 to 7.5.293 I have noticed this weird behaviour that occurs when you tumble the camera after zooming in. The camera seems to pop to a slightly different location and a bunch of roll is added in, as far as I can tell, a totally random way. It's really driving me nuts and i'm surprised that no one else has noticed it (at least on the forums I go to).

here is a gif illustrating the issue:

It's weird that it only happens after a camera zoom. You can pan and tumble all you want, but after a zoom, the next tumble will pop the camera into a weird spot/rotation. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Karl
Edited by Karl Richter - July 24, 2019 18:50:08

Attachments:
tumble_issue.gif (1.2 MB)

55 posts
Have you tried this with alternate tumbling methods, panning methods, or other view state operations?
“If you can eat it raw you can't under cook it”
12 posts
Yes. I have tried all the different “Tumbling Methods” and “View State Operation Defaults” in the preferences, but it makes no difference. I still have my previous houdini build installed and its fine.
61 posts
If you are using Redshift, check out this post [www.redshift3d.com] on their forum.
12 posts
Thanks for the tip Pabcou, that was totally it.

The problem seems to be a weird interaction between the current version of Houdini and an older Redshift plugin. The fix is to install the version of Redshift that is specifically built against 17.5.293.
  • Quick Links