Opening multiple versions of Indie

2979   2   2
208 posts
Sanity check. I thought I could use the terminal (houdini -indie) to open sessions of Indie in 15.5. In 16, it opens FX instead. Is that the intended result?

To open multiple versions of Indie, do I need additional licenses?
Staff
4158 posts
For Indie (and Apprentice and Education licenses, for that matter) always run the “FX” version of Houdini. The only time there is a distinction between Houdini Core and Houdini FX is with the full commercial licenses, where Core and FX have different prices. It may be that using -indie is just using the wrong splash screen?

You can definitely run multiple instances of Houdini on the same machine, with a single license.
I'm o.d.d.
12 posts
I am really frustrated with the licensing process. The licences are tied to a version?? how can i switch between versions (like use the 16.5 version if i choose???)
i downloaded an old version but i get an error that the existing license is tied to a server which is the same syatem i installed the old version on.

I also tried to manually install license because it ALWAYS returns the error “account not active” if i dont but i realize its tied to a version.

Please advise.
  • Quick Links