vellum dynamic constraints

1727   3   1
37 posts
I have a tentacle-type setup (basically). I'm creating dynamic constraints from a cluster of vellum points that are pinned to some SOP animation, and attaching to some vellum softbody spheres with no pinned animation. These constraints get created using the ‘attach to geo’ option on the vellum constraint DOP. The constraint creation is working, but I want the soft bodies to get pulled into the points that are creating the dynamic constraints (like tentacles pulling something in). I figured that scaling down the restlength of each constraint would do this, and basically create some pulling tension toward the pin points, (where the constraints are originating from). But it really seems to have no effect. Anyone know how to get this to work properly?

Thanks!
Edited by Loudsubs - July 29, 2019 14:47:43

Attachments:
vellum02.hip (1.1 MB)

39 posts
Looks like you've pinned the pin_points to your softbody, instead of the other way around! And the constraints are set to break with a pretty small Stretch Distance…
–Dave
39 posts
Here's a version that's working! Now we're adding the constraints to the correct stream, and seems like it's better if the geometry that's being pinned to is a surface vs. just points.
Result is much simpler!
–Dave

Attachments:
vellum02_DS.hiplc (661.6 KB)

37 posts
Awesome Dave, Thanks!
  • Quick Links