PDG output multiple objects to a FBX file , help !

3454   6   1
6 posts
Hi everyone,

I get lod1 and lod2 fbx models based on lod0 fbx model, the method to output them as one FBX file is putting them in three geo nodes, separately, and put three geo nodes in a subnet node,then output this subnet. In the FBX file, the name of each model would be the same as the name of geo node. My question is how to do this using PDG pipeline? The name of geo node should be different in every iteration, could anyone tell me how to do this?? thanks
159 posts
I want to know, too. besides, the ROP Geometry Output node is slow to cook, is there any in-process way to output FBX? I meant we can export geometry with python hou.Geometry.saveToFile() which is in-process and very fast to cook but sadly not work with FBX.
897 posts
I've faced the same issue, not sure it's ideal but my best idea is to make an hda that wraps the fbx generation. Create bgeo files for the lods, place them all in the same dir and then pass the dir to the hdaprocessor.
B.Henriksson, DICE
6 posts
kahuna031
I've faced the same issue, not sure it's ideal but my best idea is to make an hda that wraps the fbx generation. Create bgeo files for the lods, place them all in the same dir and then pass the dir to the hdaprocessor.

Oh, I haven't tried the hdaprocessor, could this solve the name issue? different names for each models?
6 posts
EricSheng
I want to know, too. besides, the ROP Geometry Output node is slow to cook, is there any in-process way to output FBX? I meant we can export geometry with python hou.Geometry.saveToFile() which is in-process and very fast to cook but sadly not work with FBX.
me neither, have no idea how to speed up fbx output
544 posts
Hey guys, in H18, we have a “batchable” version of the HDA Processor, that spins up once, then is able to process multiple workitems without tearing the session down. In our recent tests it's about 10x faster for a lot of loads. Perhaps this would offer a way to do this more efficiently.
- Ken Xu
897 posts
kenxu
Perhaps this would offer a way to do this more efficiently.
Sure will. Thanks!
B.Henriksson, DICE
  • Quick Links