Auto takes "Never"

1751   7   1
22 posts
Hi guys and gals,
I want to turn off Autotakes and don't ever want it on unless I explicitly tell it to. How do I do that?
Thanks in advance,
Steven
Edited by Steven Quinones-Colon2 - Aug. 16, 2019 17:54:26
7740 posts
You don't have to do anything, because that is how it is intended to work. If autotakes is being enabled without your action, then it is a malfunction.
22 posts
Mmm…Mine turn on at the most inopportune times. There might be something going on with our in-house software. I'll investigate.
Thanks,
Steven
75 posts
I'm running into this with 19.5.493 right now as well. It appears that redshift is turning Auto Takes back on when it performs a render.
8531 posts
Auto Takes turn on any time you are in a Take and for example create a new node, there may be more things that force Auto Takes On instead of producing a warning that it can't perform that operation
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
75 posts
tamte
Auto Takes turn on any time you are in a Take and for example create a new node, there may be more things that force Auto Takes On instead of producing a warning that it can't perform that operation

That makes sense technically, since I have the Redshift ROP set to render a particular take and it's probably setting some parameters or whatever it needs to do for the render...

But nothing is being added to the take new that I can see in the list and I do think it should be the appropriate behavior to return the Auto Takes to how it was set before the render since it can cause a lot of trouble. I've brought it up on the Redshift forums, we'll see what they say.
Edited by smbell - April 3, 2023 12:18:55
4 posts
Experiencing the same problem.

I am wondering if "Auto Takes" can be toggled off with a simple python script in the "Post-Render Script" field?

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with python scripts so I wouldn't know what a presumably one-liner to do it would need to look like?
Edited by bjs - Jan. 12, 2024 11:33:16

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-01-12 172812.png (64.8 KB)

4 posts
The legendary toadstorm suggested to use hscript.

"takeautomode off" in the post-render script disables the auto take mode after Redshift enabled it before a render.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-01-12 175825.png (55.1 KB)

• Quick Links