RBD

975   3   1
14 posts
Hi,
I was working on some rbd stuff and i wanted to break/destruct a building using metaball forces as i am new and on student leven i tried it with a box and it was successful bvut then i tried it with a model of a building and the moment i added scatter and voronoi fracture the shape of the geometry changed. Some of the scattered pieces started coming out.
I am attaching both the images the building and when i added the scatter and voronoi fracture, if anyone knows how to fix please reply. The first image is where i used voronoi and scatter and the second one is of the geometry.
thanks
Image Not Found

Attachments:
voronoi.PNG (439.9 KB)
wo voronoi.PNG (363.9 KB)

310 posts
It's most likely the quality of the model you are fracturing. When you don't have closed surfaces, you get fracture artifacts like that. You will probably need to break the house down into smaller parts, and fracture those individually. Then, when a part doesn't look right, you will know which one's need to be improved.
14 posts
Thank you for the suggestion Midasssilver!
But with using which sop we can adjust this? I am new to houdini and don't know it in depth, It'll be great if you could help.
310 posts
You basically need to separate your object into the individual parts using a blast or delete node and delete by groups or attributes, depending on what the object is separated by. Then you need to visually identify which objects are closed, they won't fracture right if they aren't closed. Then you need to use a polycap and polybridge to close those surfaces. All of this might be biting off a lot more than you can chew though.
  • Quick Links