Force bug after manual Vellum Insertion

948   1   1
240 posts
Hey everyone,

I'm manually inserting some geometry into a Vellum sim using two SOP solvers - one for the primary geo and the other for the constraints (riffing off of Adrian Meyer's technique); the constraints and geometry successfully match up & function correctly together - but for some reason they ignore all the forces in the scene. Geometry that's inserted into the sim using a vellum source node makes use of the forces correctly - but the geometry that I manually insert does not.

Here's a test scene where I demonstrate the issue: the cubes are inserted the default way with a Vellum source, and obey both the DOP Gravity Force as well as the POP force that pushes them to the side. The pig heads are being inserted via the SOP solvers, and their expansions prove that the constraints are properly connecting to their host geometry - but for some reason they're ignoring the forces.

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ah493d7np81v4q2/Letellier_VellumIns_Force_Debug.mp4?dl=0 [www.dropbox.com]

Hopefully I'm just missing a toggle or attribute somewhere.

Thank you!
Luke

Attachments:
Letellier_Vellum_Insertion_Force_Debug.hiplc (1.1 MB)

240 posts
Here's an updated scene file; it appears that if you take already existing simulation geometry & duplicate it in the SOP solver, that the DOP/POP forces will work on it correctly - but if you directly insert geo from the OBJ level/SOPs, the DOP/POP forces will not work.

All the constraints appear to be interpreted correctly - so the Vellum Solver is doing its job, but for some reason the forces don't like that new geo.

I feel silly reporting this as a bug, as it just seems like I'm missing an attribute somewhere…

Attachments:
Letellier_Vellum_InsertGeoForces_Debug.hiplc (1.3 MB)

• Quick Links