where is Cluster tab in Vorooni Fracture sop ?

12590   10   1
39 posts
i cant find Cluster tab in Vorooni Fracture sop . is there any trick to use it ? for example i want to use tiledbox to make brick pattern from this tutorial :
http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/?title=Houdini#Voronoi_cluster_and_fracture [www.tokeru.com]

but there is no cluster tab in vorooni fracture in houdini 17 , is there any new trick to do it ?

tnx
Edited by vrman - Nov. 19, 2018 04:15:21

Attachments:
VorooniHoudini17_sample.hip (133.0 KB)
houdvoroon.jpg (48.3 KB)

Staff
727 posts
Use the RBD Cluster SOP
39 posts
thanks bro , i want to know how is the way to use it ? there is no document for that
2 posts
I'm just as lost as you, I was following a tutorial and now I'm totally stuck.

Have you found any solution?

I tried connecting the RBD Cluster node to the output of my Voronoi node but I can't make it work.
Julian Abreu Student at Urbe, Venezuela
146 posts
Yup - a little frustrating that the old Voronoi Frac SOP has been replaced like this. I don't do much RBD stuff but use the Voronoi Frac SOP for lots of other stuff so it makes me a little nervous having to start dropping nodes with “RBD” in their name in

You can use a textport to add the old one in manually, though. Make sure you're in the right network first:

/ -> cd /obj/geo1

and then add the node with the -e flag (this makes opadd use the name as given, rather than using any later versions):

/obj/geo1 -> opadd -e voronoifracture
2 posts
I think I got it,

place the Voronoi node, and select copy cell point to attribute, and in points type “cluster” which is the one made by the cluster node before or by you if you're doing it manually.

connect the new RBD cluster Node and you already
have the clusters

To make it work in the SIM, when using the Assamble node you got to uncheck “Create Name Attribute” so It can pick up the “cluster” attribute and looks like it works.
Edited by JulianAbreu - Dec. 6, 2018 01:53:28

Attachments:
houdinifx_2018-12-06_03-44-38.png (18.2 KB)

Julian Abreu Student at Urbe, Venezuela
4 posts
Thank you Jullian, I had been stuck on that one for the last 20 minutes and couldn't find a solution .
2 posts
Hey guys, did anyone get this to work??? I tried Tetxport and it just said opadd -e voronoifracture has been replaced. Also, is there a new way to color the pieces?

Thanks!
Staff
727 posts
https://vimeo.com/332035825 [vimeo.com] has lots of details. For colouring you can use the visualizer action button, or use the Color SOP's Random from Attribute option if you need an actual Cd attribute
152 posts
cheers Julian. saved a tutorial addicts life!!!!
2 posts
For the ones who want to get a single cluster after voronoifracture node:
add a cluster before voronoi, set up your clusters, set Cluster Attribute to something meaningful e.g PointCluster
add a delete node after voronoifracture, type @PointCluster=0 or any number you want
  • Quick Links