Have CHOPS not to write some samples and have gaps?

1279   3   0
339 posts
Hi
I've seen CHOPs before seemingly bug out and missing some samples and actually have gaps in the graph. This is usually undesired.

But… today I wanted to use CHOPs for temporal analysis, and there would be samples that would be considered invalid or not of interest for such analysis. Therefore I would like to have those same gaps at the invalid samples, so that when I use chinputlimits() those samples are not taken into account.

I know I can probably build an array with a solver instead and then time shift to the end and use min() and max(), but it's seemingly more interesting for this sort of task to be able to look at a graph.

Thanks.
339 posts
Hi
So this is handled by `Organize by Attribute` input in both Channel SOP AND the Geometry CHOP.

Apparently there will be improvements in a upcoming release, so even better!

Cheers
Edited by probiner - Aug. 26, 2019 18:55:53

Attachments:
unknown.png (14.2 KB)

Staff
5158 posts
If your question is “are the samples in CHOP tracks sparse,” then the answer is no. There's a start, end and a fixed sample rate that is shared by all tracks (channels) in the CHOP.
339 posts
@twood
Hey. Yeah this is what I'm struggling with because I want to exclude points from being evaluated in some frames so they do not account for temporal analysis with chinputlimits(). But:
- Can't use Delete CHOP to dynamically delete samples, seems to only delete complete channels/tracks.
- Can't dynamically delete points that I send to CHOPnet because, if some points never generate a channel/track, the Channel SOP will throw an error, trying to source an inexisting channel.

What I've done atm is not my desired solution but I' set up two CHOPnets; a first one to weed out the points that will never generate a track/channel and then a subsequent one where I actually dynamically delete the points I send to the CHOPnet and have the temporal analysis of the tracks concerning only the samples I want.

But two CHOPnets will be slower than one, so if you know a way to do this in one go surely let me know. Maybe I'm missing a very obvious way to split my tracks in two based on reference ranges, or just discard samples.

Thanks
Edited by probiner - Aug. 27, 2019 03:53:59
  • Quick Links