vop shader example for "3d Texture fog"

3096   2   1
511 posts
Hi,

I have created my own vop i3d generator shader vop to have control over the metaball displacement and density, so far so good, but now I want to do the same for the i3d texture fog shader… specificallly I'm looking to build the same controls that that shader has, and add control for coloring the fog based on density (think i3d fire balls ala LW hypervoxels) and particle age.

Unfortunately I cant find any examples for how to do this.
can you help?

Thanks
Sergio
7714 posts
Have you looked at the VEX 3D Texture Shader SHOP yet? From SHOPs, put one of these down and then right-click on the node and choose Type Properties > VEX Code. Hopefully, that gives you some clues on how to do it from VOPs.
511 posts
I looked through that, but not having ever written a line of code before (except one time where I typed in a piano program from my commodore 64 manual) I cant make sense of almost any of it… I think it may have something to do with the Integrate i3d node though.

My brain is currently only compatible with node systems I'm afraid.

Imo every shader should have a equivalent vop example, after all no one will ever learn anything from loading a shop and playing with the sliders.

Cheers
Sergio
  • Quick Links