3455 posts
I have a bunch of tools:
foo.otl
bar.otl
etc
right now they are found in TAB > Generators
I'd like to put them into a custom toolbar: myToolbar:
TAB > myToolbar > Foo

I've done this and it works fine…however they are still visible in the Generators list…the whole point of doing this was to organize my custom tools and to clean up the Generators list…

any suggestions?

thanks
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
639 posts
Howdy M!

For your custom toolbars stuff, you can put them in your ~/houdini8.1/toolbar/SOP/myToolbarName.toolbar

and inside your myToolbarName.toolbar, just put the name (opname, not the english name) of your otls.

If you put in other places other than your ~/houdini8.1, you can either specify it in your HOUDINI_PATH or HOUDINI_TOOLBAR_PATH. Just remember to list the user's houdini8.1 directory first before going down to the job/seq/shot/facility/$HH path.

Hope that made sense…
Staff
3455 posts
yeah I have them in myToolbar…that's no problem…it's that they're still found in the Generators list…
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
311 posts
I think if you open your toolbar manager you should be able to deselect them from the current options and save a new generators toolbar.
Staff
3455 posts
the toolbar manager just shows custom toolbars…not the default ones (Generators, Filters, Managers etc)
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
7024 posts
I'm pretty sure you cannot remove something from Generators or Filters and still have it turn up in a custom toolbar.

You can remove operators (there's a file that I forget right now in $HFS/houdini) but it'll be gone from all toolbars, I believe.

Cheers,

Peter B
639 posts
Hmm… I think the only way you can “remove” it from Generator/Filter toolbar is via ophide… But that'd definitely hide it from myCustomToolbar as well..
557 posts
The Generator and Filter toolbars are built on the fly, so you can't hide their contents. This is a long-standing request…
Staff
3455 posts
thanks all…
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
  • Quick Links