Mantra rendering paused when I go to sleep

1866   3   0
10 posts
This is my first post about Houdini, have a question about Mantra rendering.

I am trying to rend 240 frames 1920x1080 animation by the mantra, I started it last night but the rendering paused during my sleeping, now it is still rending on frame 92 after 7 hours, does the mantra render paused when the computer slept? how can I make the render continue working without pausing?

I am a new user with Houdini FX, learning Houdini for 2 weeks, like it very much!

Thanks
2036 posts
If your computer goes into sleep mode, mantra won't be able to render.

If this is what's happening in your case, check your OS settings so that it doesn't.

The only other thing I can think of is your computer has gone into paging memory.( if this can happen with Houdini? Someone?)
10 posts
@BabaJ / Thank you very much! I will try to reset my system to stop the sleeping. And, How can I reset my paging memory for rendering?
2036 posts
If paging memory is the issue, I wouldn't know…keep your eyes peeled to this post, maybe someone else who knows better could chime in with better info on that.

But it's probably safe to say if your getting into paged memory you simply do not have enough RAM for the types of job you want to do.

Scale down your ambitions or get more memory. But first, if you get into a situation like that again check your OS memory usage while mantra is rendering to give you a better idea of whether or not it is indeed memory related.
Edited by BabaJ - Sept. 30, 2019 10:53:51
  • Quick Links