Rop Fetch with custom Rop Hda does not cook propperly

2787   4   2
15 posts
Hello,

I am struggling to use the rop Fetch node with our in-house sop/rop node. We have a convenience node which wraps the rop alembic and rop alembic node into a single hda and generates local or server filepaths. I have build a simplified hda and attached a setup scene.

My Problem is as follow: The Rop Fetch starts cooking the first item and after a few seconds stops. The workitem does not finish but also does not error. The in-house rop cooks correctly and caches are generated on disc. If I dirty the node and recook it again all workitems are marked as done.
Did anyone run into similar problems or may have a solution ?

Cheers,
Dome

Attachments:
multiRop_pdg.hiplc (121.1 KB)

Staff
585 posts
When cooking ROPs as a batch, PDG needs to be able to set the pre/post frame callback on the target ROP. These are used by PDG in order to alert the graph that a batch sub item has begun/completed cooking. If you promote the script parameters from your custom ROP asset onto the top level HDA itself, they should be picked up automatically.
15 posts
Thank you so much for the help . It works now with one minor problem. When I do not cook the ropfetch as one batch only the fist bucket cooks. The other buckets work endlessly on their first workitem. I also get a long list of warnings similar to the following on the ropfetch:

Warning 
PDG cook warning: Notification for item ropfetch0195_1 with subindex -1 that is no longer active in the scheduler

and also my local scheduler errors:

Error 
PDG Error: Could not find batch workitem 'ropfetch0120_1' with subindex 17

If added a new attachment which should reproduce the problem.

Cheers and many thanks

Dome
Edited by DominikPott - Oct. 8, 2019 17:12:05

Attachments:
multiRop_pdg.hiplc (131.3 KB)

Staff
585 posts
This looks like a bug on our end. The ROP Fetch isn't properly handling your node since it's actually a SOP, not a ROP. It ends up cooking the full frame range even though the ROP Fetch is configured to cook partial frame ranges in separate batches. I'll have a fix in tomorrow's daily build that addresses the issue
15 posts
Thank you so much for the support. Everything works now
  • Quick Links