Houdini Crashes While Caching

3919   2   0
27 posts
Hey, I've a question to someone who already had this problem, as you can see on the picture when I press cache to disk with OpenCL checked on I get some kind of errors on that little window, and in the video when I'm using CPU it crashes Houdini instantly. Can anyone help me pls what could be a problem?

Attachments:
ice_video_20191017-224109_edit_0.avi (2.0 MB)
GPU_cache.png (484.0 KB)

7755 posts
That's not a crash, your video card ran out of memory for openCL operations. I find sometimes the interactive houdini session takes up most of the video memory leaving very little for simulations. Starting the simulation in a non-interactive (background render) session and closing the interactive Houdini session can allow the simulation to access more video memory.

It could you your simulation is simply too high resolution for the video memory pool. In that case, lower the resolution until it runs, or switch to the CPU-based OpenCL driver.
27 posts
jsmack
That's not a crash, your video card ran out of memory for openCL operations. I find sometimes the interactive houdini session takes up most of the video memory leaving very little for simulations. Starting the simulation in a non-interactive (background render) session and closing the interactive Houdini session can allow the simulation to access more video memory.

It could you your simulation is simply too high resolution for the video memory pool. In that case, lower the resolution until it runs, or switch to the CPU-based OpenCL driver.

Thanks, about that CPU i already did it and i uploaded video top of the image, it shuts down Houdini right away.
  • Quick Links