Stuck in Brickify tutorial

1334   3   0
6 posts
Hello all, I'm completely new to Houdini, so after watching all the Basics vids decided that the Brickify tut project is perfect for me. Meticulously following it step by step, I got stuck at Part 2, the step to add ‘Point from Volume’. It can't be found in the Nodes menu (see screenshots), so I googled the node, found the official Houdini doc and saw it belongs to Geometry. Searched in the Geometry part of the Nodes menu, wasn't there either.

In addition, I did all the steps before this one, and my single brick doesn't have the nice rounded shape on top (see tut screenshot), instead it is still octagon but just with beveled edges.

Image Not Found

Attachments:
houdini2.JPG (139.4 KB)

236 posts
Hi, it sounds like you are in obj level. Points from volume is available if you go inside the rubber toy to sop level. (Double click toy node or select it and press i)

Rob
6 posts
robsdesign
Hi, it sounds like you are in obj level. Points from volume is available if you go inside the rubber toy to sop level. (Double click toy node or select it and press i)

Rob

Ahhh you are right, I was indeed on the obj level. The tut didn't tell me to go to geo level, which might be a hint that I need to start doing problem solving from the start

Thanks.
1 posts
“In addition, I did all the steps before this one, and my single brick doesn't have the nice rounded shape on top (see tut screenshot), instead it is still octagon but just with beveled edges.”

I think what your talking about is subdivision. You need to press Shift + or Shift - in the object level
  • Quick Links