Can't Disable POP Bounce

973   0   1
240 posts
Hello everyone,

Essentially I'm creating an air-bubbles-moving-up-through-liquid setup. I emit the particles with a velocity of zero, and a positive-gravity force pulls them up past/through some pieces of collision geo. What should happen is that when the particles bump into the obstacles, the particles are very gently brushed aside on their way upwards. A few particles do that, but a great deal of them hit the collision geo and bounce in an odd direction out into nowhere (almost ignoring the gravity force) - and despite the fact that bounce is set to zero both on the particles and the collision geo.

I've tried to increase the gravity force while decreasing the time scale, increasing simulation substeps, collision types (volume sample vs. ray intersect*), and (what feels like) a whole slew of other things, but I just can't seem to find the parameter that removes the strong bounce.

*I stayed with the latter because results were similar & calculating the volume for entire collision geo took quite a bit of time.

Simplified Scene file is linked to below, along with a particle cache so that you could visualize the issue easier:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uao17jqv5w13tbq/Letellier_Pop_Debug.zip?dl=0 [www.dropbox.com]

Thank you!
Luke

Edited by Luke Letellier - Nov. 5, 2019 10:14:51
  • Quick Links