Pose Library Captures Wrong Data

2457   3   1
122 posts
Hello everyone,

I have created a rig (and character). I'm trying to use the Pose Library to save my walk-cylce and other animations.

Sadly the captured data is all wrong. Parameters like the FK/IK Sliders in my HDA get captured wrong. Several Sliders that don't have any values for some reason get all assignes values.
I feel like it tries to capture more than the parameters of my HDA.

I have already tried the different capture settings from the Pose Library. It only works when I bake the keyframes, but that would be problematic to work with.

I'm on Windows 10 with Version 17.5.391

I sometimes get these Warnings in the Console:

Qt Warn: QSortFilterProxyModel: invalid inserted rows reported by source model
Qt Warn: QWindowsContext::windowsProc: No Qt Window found for event 0x1c (WM_ACTIVATEAPP), hwnd=0x0x70070.
Qt Warn: QWindowsContext::windowsProc: No Qt Window found for event 0x1c (WM_ACTIVATEAPP), hwnd=0x0x3100be.

I attached a file with the animated bones. Thank you all very much!
(Since this is my first rig in Houdini, I also appreciate every other improvement you might want to add)

Image Not Found
Edited by No_ha - Oct. 22, 2019 06:28:12

Attachments:
Rig_Sharable.hiplc (3.3 MB)

122 posts
I haven't been able to fix the problem, but I know what one of the problems is:

I have a parameter for “foot curl” which goes from -10 to 10. My toe controls have the rotation connected to the slider by a simple fit expression.
Now the “foot curl” slider is set to 5 which means that the toe controler has a x rotation of 30 (for example).

When I use the Pose Library it doesn't record the value of the “foot curl” as 5 but uses the 30 of the toe controler.

I'm not quite sure if I'm missing something or if this is a bug. Maybe someone else know more.

Edit: I have tested it with other expression. As soon as there is more than a simple channel reference it will not capture correctly.
Edited by No_ha - Oct. 24, 2019 08:34:58
22 posts
I tried the simple biped and simple male and female and it seems like the pose library is broken for recording new poses. It works fine with the poses that came with the characters, but any new poses get recorded incorrectly, so I can concur with your assessment unless I'm doing something wrong as well.
122 posts
I meant to post this before but forgot until now.
It was indeed a bug. I submitted it to Sidefx and already got the confirmation that it will be fixed with the next release. It seemed to be a Windows specific bug.

Still surprised me that not more people stumbled onto this problem.
  • Quick Links