Create a custom wireCapture attributes for wireDeform

1440   2   1
52 posts
Hi,

I'm working on a tree asset, and now I need to manage the meshing of the tree.
The mesh is created from simulated curves, and I need a fast way to mesh the tree and deform it according to the splines simulation.

The problem is that I have a big amount of branches, and the wireCapture and deform are not compilable into ‘Compiled Blocks’, which means that the final WireDeform is very long.

I cannot do the wireCapture on the hole mesh, because there are so many branches that the capture is not proper.

So I tried to create my own custom capture datas, looking at the Capture Attribute Unpack, and Capture Attribute Pack.

But it seams that even if I'm creating the wireCapture attributes and packing it, the ‘wireCapt’ is still missing when I plug the geometry in the wireDeform SOP. And I don't know what to add to make it work.

To be clearer : i want to store the wireCapture data in a for_each loop for each branch, and then apply the wireDeform on the final hole mesh, to be faster.

Thanks for your help !
Edited by c0y - Nov. 13, 2019 10:23:05

Attachments:
tree_001.JPG (72.4 KB)
Capture_001.JPG (60.8 KB)
custom_wireCapture.hip (156.9 KB)

172 posts
There is an additional weird detail attribute you have to create called wireCapture_wireCaptPrimUI don't know why we need it and if somebody could answer this question it'd be cool.

basically you have to add this to a detail wrangle.
u[]@wireCapture_wireCaptPrimU = { {0.0,1.0} };
Edited by Ivan L - Nov. 14, 2019 00:19:29

Attachments:
custom_wireCapture_fixed.hip (108.7 KB)

I contribute to the beauty of this world
52 posts
oh yes, indeed, but I tried to add this previously, but maybe I made a mistake…

Thanks for your help !
  • Quick Links