ROP Texture Sheet "composite_packed_pyro "

2387   5   0
33 posts
I'm trying to export a channel packed texture but I keep getting this error “Error rendering child: composite_packed_pyro” Does anyone know how to fix this? It's worked once and I have no idea why it's complaining now.
Thanks again
394 posts
That could be a number of things. Are you using apprentice? It might be trying to create a texture that's larger than 10 000 pixels. It might not be rendering the volume correctly. There might be permission issues with the folder you're trying to write to.
Can you confirm that the sim is rendering correctly by going to the render view, choosing render_rgb or render_volume and render a frame? You might need to change the image plane too by expanding the toolbar just below the render button.
33 posts
Thanks again for your reply. I'm using FX at work and trying it also on Indie. I've tried a dozen times using a simple Fireball. I set the camera view resolution to 1024x1024. I can also see my sim in the render view. I've tried from scratch many times but I get the same error. Attached is my simple set up(not what I was going to use) but to see if anyone can troubleshoot it for me to figure out what i snot set right. Thanks for your help

Attachments:
flame_burst_v3.hip (2.2 MB)

394 posts
Hmmm. I'm not getting any errors with your file. Could it be your $JOB variable isn't pointing to a valid location?
The only other thing I can suggest is you dive inside the node into the COMPOSITING network to see where the network is failing.
33 posts
I really appreciate your help. I've messed around with different $JOB directories and nothing changes. When I dive inside the “rop_texture_sheets” node I see the error on the “composite packed pyro node” and it simply says “cook error in input”
I greatly appreciate your help
33 posts
So I got to work thanks also to Silvina in tech support
The solution is hit “render”, let it render out all the frames, and then use the “render packed map”
I also noticed if anything changes between rendering out all the frames and rendering a packed map, it will give me the same error. even renaming something will give the error. kinda wish it wouldn't need the render all frames as it takes extra time and hard drive space, but it works
thanks for the help
  • Quick Links