VIEWPORT DISPLAY BEHAVIOUR

2231   6   0
115 posts
Is driving me nuts….. I want to DrawCurve on to a piece of geometry terrain converted from a heightfield and I need to see the geometry properly to do so. When i select the drawcurve node the terrain basically turns almost completely blue obscuring things. How do I stop it doing that? (yes I have the display node selected on the node above the drawcurve).

The other one is the edit node, It does a similar sort of thing. I'm trying to edit the curve I've drawn, and the terrain displays all the points when i select the edit node in point select mode.

Have I missed a whole section in the manual about vieport behaviour or is this really how people work?

cheers,

Andi.
1755 posts
pics
115 posts
One on the left is the geo where i can see where i want the curve, the right is with the drawcurve tool selected.

cheers,

A>

Attachments:
DRAWCURVE.png (1.2 MB)

7737 posts
Did you try disabling the guides?
115 posts
The only display>guides that made a difference was the Node guides which just hides the terrain object itself.
Staff
5156 posts
You'll want to Ctrl+Click the Template flag on the input node to drawcurve (flag to the left of the display flag), then turn off Show Guide Geometry on Draw Curve's Projection tab.
115 posts
Aha, that's done the trick thank you. Embarrassingly simple….

cheers,

A>
  • Quick Links