Can you point instances at already existing Unreal Assets?

12394   23   4
11 posts
@DASD I was hoping there was a way to define the colour per vert of the instance i place.

I'm essentially trying to get the distance between each vert and the landscape underneath and writing this value to vertex color so i can assign vertex displacement on the material applied to all instances and they will align to the landscape.
453 posts
I think it's not possible when you are baking to HISMs or ISMs components. But I am not certain.
4 posts
@DASD Your solution works great. How do I go about doing “flat vertex color override” ? Can I use point Cd to change each instance color with single Material in Unreal?
7 posts
I have another question: would it be possible? to use Copy to points and also use unreal_instance attribute.
I need the intrinsics hidden attributes as well. because for a lot assets I need to offset the location and rotation before I copy them
unreal_instance attribute only seems to work if I do it directly on the points. and when I do it after on Copy to point(packed) it keeps the geo from houdini in UE5.

sorry having a hard time explaining this clearly
  • Quick Links