Export flat colors without lighting with OpenGL Driver?

1122   4   2
60 posts
Hi folks,

I'm trying to export some 3D animation using the OpenGL Driver in the output.

It's graphic design type stuff, so, although i'm working in 3D, i actually want flat colors without any lighting.

Please take a look at the screen capture vid of the scene view below. This is just a toy comp to show what i mean.

In it you can see that although the shape is moving in 3D, the colors of the various sides stays constant and flat, regardless of the angle to the camera (this is what i want)

Try as i might, i can't export this view with the OpenGL driver, it will always add some lighting.

Anyone got any suggestion as to what to tweak?

By the way, i'm using the OpenGL driver and not Mantra or Karma because it's perfect for this stuff (apart from this issue) and renders MUCH faster!

Thanks in advance

Edited by Dazzer123 - Dec. 3, 2019 15:23:05
7727 posts
did you try to setting lighting to ‘unlit’ using visualizer sop? I think it should be respected by the ogl rop.
60 posts
Thanks Jsmack ……… could you tell me where to find the “unlit” setting? (i never messed with a visualizer sop and have no idea where to find that)
7727 posts
You will find the Visualizer node in the same place as all the other SOPs, in the tab menu.

The lighting setting is on the first tab. By default it will create an unncessary visualizer, you can delete it after dropping the node.
60 posts
A million thanks dude, i got it working (i don't know why i didn't find that node when i looked before!)

Just a heads up for anyone else reading this and wanting to do the same thing: on the “Visualize” node, you also need to go to the second tab (“visualizers”) and un-tick “active”.

This is gonna be so useful! And the fact that you can set it on a per object basic is a bonus
Edited by Dazzer123 - Dec. 3, 2019 17:57:54
  • Quick Links