RBD Configure Node

1349   3   1
8 posts
Hello wizards

I have encountered an issue with the RBD configure node. I want to use the ACTIVE with a bounding box. It works well until I add some extra constraints from rules. I can use the configure node but the second I turn on the ACTIVE the sim won't activate.

Disabling the configure makes all the constraints work.

I tried to turn off the override attribute in the RBD Sop Solver, but that makes some strange results.

I have attached an image of the setup, been trying for hours to get this to work.

Does anyone have some input on how to get the ACTIVE in the configure to work if you have added extra constraints other then the original from the Material Fracture?

Attachments:
RBG_configure.png (496.0 KB)

Staff
356 posts
Constraints don't affect the active/static state of the RBDs, and the RBD Configure SOP only adds bullet attributes.

If you have a hipfile showing the problem I can take a look.

Cheers,
Nick
8 posts
npetit
Constraints don't affect the active/static state of the RBDs, and the RBD Configure SOP only adds bullet attributes.

If you have a hipfile showing the problem I can take a look.

Cheers,
Nick

Hello

I thank you for helping me with this. I have attached the file.

-ChrisarN

Attachments:
RBD_configure.hiplc (1.1 MB)

Staff
356 posts
It's doing what it should be doing - by making some pieces inactive, with the constraints, you're essentially holding the frame up in place, so it no longer collapses under its own weight. If you disconnect the constraints from the RBD Bullet Solver, you'll see the active pieces fall to the ground.

Here's a modified hip with a sphere falling on the active section of the frame which shows the constraints holding up the structure and then breaking on impact with the sphere.

Attachments:
RBD_configure.hiplc (1.1 MB)

• Quick Links